Are you searching for a Bathtub Tray to make your bathtime feel like a relaxing spa day experience? Look no more; your comfortable, relaxing bath experience can be a reality. There is no better form of self-care than the relaxation of a bubble bath. So sit back and rest your head on your bath pillow, and we will take you through the options for your bathroom. We have done the research for you and found some of the best bathtub trays available. Whether it is somewhere to rest your book, wine glass, phone, or just a safe place to have all your bath essentials, we have bath trays that will fit any style and be the perfect way to ease away the stress of the day whilst soaking in the tub.
Table of Contents
12 Of The Best Bathtub Trays
We have undertaken the research for you, taking into account size, features, style and cost, and compiled our bath tray top picks for you.
Best Bath Tray Overall
This adjustable bamboo bathtub tray comes in four color options making it perfect for any bathroom style. In addition, it has a phone holder, wine glass holder and an adjustable book holder, making it an ideal multi-functional bathtub tray for many uses. Unwind in the warmth of the bubbles with this durable and stylish product, perfect for your bubble bath.
- Water-resistant coated with lacquer.
- Expandable from 30 inches to 43.3 inches, making it perfect for most bath sizes
- Four Silicone grips to stop the bath tray from sliding
- Multiple Compartments for many different uses
- It can easily fold for storage when not in use
- Not 100% waterproof
Best Bathtub Trays For Reading
This reader bamboo bathtub tray has an extendable book stand that is perfect for all book sizes. Suitable for bathtub dimensions from 23.6 to 36.4inches. Made from bamboo, it is a durable design with different compartments for your wine glass, cup holders and space for candles or bath essentials. This solid design is supported by stainless steel and perfectly suits all your bathing needs.
- Expanding to 36.4 inches, meaning it can suit most bathtubs
- A reader bamboo bathtub tray that has a durable design that is rust proof
- Extendable book stand to accommodate all sizes and reading devices
- Spaces for all of your bathtub essentials
- Quite bulky and not as easy to store when not in use
Bath Tray With Wine Glass Holder
The Domax bamboo bathtub caddy has a wine glass holder, tablet stand and place to rest your bath salts for a relaxing end to your day. The wine glass holder will fit any stemmed glass and is equipped with grips to prevent slippage. This sleek bathtub tray comes in six different colors to suit all decors and bathroom styles. Whether you are planning to read or simply unwind, this is a lovely tray for all your needs.
- Non-slip grips to stop the caddy from slipping
- It fits most baths, expanding from 29.4 to 44.2inches wide
- Space for a stem wine glass along with round cup holder compartments
- Removable tray for easy cleaning
- Comes assembled
- Quite bulky and not as easy to store when not in use
Best Budget Bath Tray
If you are looking for something on the cheaper side that is simple and does what it says on the tin, then this is the caddy for you! Our best budget pick is made from plastic, easy to keep clean, and the curved design features expandable arms. This budget-friendly option will fit most tubs and has plenty of space for your shampoo, soap and snacks.
- Non-slip handles to avoid any slipping
- Waterproof plastic that will last the test of time
- Drainage holes to prevent any water build-up
- Simple and sleek design
- Low price point
- No book holder
Bamboo Bathtub Caddy
The Cinyeo bamboo bath tray comes with a free soap dish that sits neatly in the bamboo tray. It will fit most bathtubs as it is adjustable to a fully expanded width of 43 inches. With slots for your smartphone, glass and book, this bamboo bathtub tray is a perfect companion for baths.
- Adjustable bamboo bathtub caddy that can extend to 43inches
- Premium bamboo design
- Lots of different compartments
- I would recommend cleaning often to ensure no mold build-up
Expandable Bathtub Caddy Tray
This expandable bamboo bathtub tray will adjust from 27 to 41 inches, making it fit most baths. It comes with silicone grips to prevent sliding and is particularly useful when used against a wall. It comes with slots for a phone, iPad, book and glass. You can adjust the angle of your book with the adjustable bamboo bar.
- Bamboo tray with adjustable arms, able to extend to 41 inches
- Area for a candle, shower essentials and snacks
- Sturdy design with a nice finish
- It fits most tubs as it can extend up to 41 inches wide
- It doesn’t fit all glass widths
Sleek Acrylic Bathtub Tray
This acrylic-designed bath tray will appeal to those looking for a modern aesthetic. Coming in 31 and 42 inches sizes, it sits over the edges of the tub. The handles can be brushed nickel or gold, depending on your decor—the perfect companion for your drink whilst soaking in the tub.
- Quality design acrylic that is simple and will compliment any decor
- Easy to clean, simply wipe clean with a sponge
- Can rest drinks on the table
- This is not adjustable and only comes in two sizes
- Nowhere to stand a book
Best Luxury Bathtub Caddy Tray
If you are on the lookout for a luxury bathtub caddy, then look no further! With so many convenient compartments, we highly recommend this tray as your next luxury purchase. This is a multiuse tub tray designed to look aesthetically pleasing and comes with storage trays, slots for your phone, a removable iPad or book stand, and a soap dish.
- Adjustable up to 43 inches
- Built-in candle holder, area for tablet and a drink holder
- Made from high-quality materials
- Requires regular cleaning to avoid mold
- A bit pricier
Metal Bath Caddy
This metal bath tray is made from stainless steel, which will not rust. It has adjusting holders that will allow you to read a book on your tablet and drink wine in the tub. The metal tray will extend out to 36 inches wide. It comes with rubber grips on the arms, stopping it from sliding. A great metal tray for a reasonable price.
- Stainless steel which will not rust
- Accessories like two drink holders and a tablet stand
- Easy to keep clean with little maintenance
- Not as sturdy as other designs
Best Bathtub Tray For Your Phone
The umbra aquala bathtub caddy is made from wood and comes in two different varieties, walnut or natural stain. The perfect tray for your phone, drink and tablet or book. The phone slot allows you to stand your device in portrait. Its compact and attractive design packs a punch allowing you to fits a lot on it in a smaller surface area.
- It can expand up to 37 inches, which will allow it to fit the majority of tubs
- Integrated storage hook for loofah or razors
- It comes with a five-year warranty
- Only able to use with a stemmed glass.
Bath Caddy With Removable Compartments
This cute bamboo bathtub tray is designed to be small and unassuming. You can remove the tablet stand to be stored away easily. With areas for your phone, glass, cup and many other shower items, this little tray is aesthetically pleasing.
- Easily removable compartments that allow this to fold down into a small item
- It can expand to up to 38 inches
- It can hold drinks in stemmed and non-stemmed glasses
- Requires assembly
Antique Brass Bathtub Tray
This rustic-looking tray would go perfect with a more traditional aesthetic. Made out of metal, you can get it in dark bronze or silver. It is able to hold tablets, glasses and much more. As it is made out of stainless steel, it will not rust and is super easy to keep clean.
- Expandable design that can extend up to 38 inches wide
- Reasonable price
- Adjustable holder with three different angle options
- Not as sturdy as other options
Considerations When Purchasing A Bathtub Tray
There are some key considerations before purchasing your bathtub tray; think about what you want its core purpose to be. Are you going to use it for reading? Will you use it to relax with a glass of wine? Do you want somewhere to have your bath salts and body wash on hand? You should also measure your bathtub to ensure you get a bath tray that will fit your bathtub. The decor of your bathroom will also inform which bath tray you purchase; of course, your budget will dictate how much you can splurge on this bath time item.
What Is Your Purpose?
When deciding which bath caddy is best for you, it is helpful to think about what you plan to use it for most. For instance, a bathtub tray with multiple compartments will be better if you use it to read a book, rest your candle and want a cup holder for your wine glass or cup of coffee. On the other hand, if you want a space for your bath items, then you can opt for something simpler. If you plan to store it away in between uses, you will want something that folds away or is easy to store.
What Size Do You Need?
It would help if you took your tub’s measurements to ensure the bathtub tray fits your bath. First, measure the width of your bath to give you an idea of what size you need. Many bath trays are expandable, which will fit standard bathtubs, but it is still worth checking before making your purchase. You will be better with a smaller tray for smaller tubs, and many compact bath caddies will ensure you have enough room.
What Is Your Bathroom Style?
Modern decor in your bathroom may mean you want a bath caddy made from metal, plastic or stone, whereas a more traditional or rustic-looking bathroom might opt for a wood bath caddy. There are many different options available in various colors, from white, black, and grey to various wood and wood effects. However, natural bamboo finishes are the most readily available and will go with most designs.
How much room do you have to store it?
If you have plenty of cupboards or areas in your bathroom for storing, then you can go for something bigger. Some people opt to leave their trays in the bath at all times as it can be a convenient place to rest all of your bathing products. If you share a bathroom, then you might want to opt for something that folds away or that is smaller and easy to put out of sight.
What Is Your Budget?
If you spend a lot of time in the bath as part of your self-care routine, then you may be willing to spend a bit more, and you will want to invest in something made from high-quality materials so it lasts the test of time. Our budget option above may be best for you if you have a price point in mind. There are plenty of options available to suit all of your price needs.
Bathtub Trays FAQS
What is the best material for a bathtub tray?
As bathtubs come with water, finding a water-resistant or waterproof material is best. For a classic look, bamboo is one of the best materials you can go for. Bamboo looks like wood, but the grass is a sustainable, high quality and durable material that is also naturally water-resistant. It will dry quickly, making it the perfect material for your bath. Many other excellent materials such as plastic and stone will also cope in wet environments. Stainless steel is rust-resistant, making it a brilliant metal option.
How wide should my bath caddy be?
Most standard bathtubs are 32inches wide. Dimensions can range, so expandable caddies are the best option for flexibility. You want to ensure that the caddy is secure to both sides of the bathtub, so measure before you buy to be sure.
How do I clean my bathtub tray?
Keeping your tub tray clean will be important in prolonging its life. You don’t have to invest in expensive cleaning sprays. You can use household items to keep them clean.
For a metal caddy:
- Step 1 Mix baking soda with water to form a paste
- Step 2 Using a brush apply the paste to the surface area
- Step 3 Leave the paste for 24 hours
- Step 4 Wipe clean
For a plastic caddy:
- Step 1 Use a mild soap to soap up the caddy
- Step 2 Scrub with a sponge
- Step 3 Rinse thoroughly with water
For a bamboo bath caddy:
- Step 1 Add a 1/4 cup of vinegar to water
- Step 2 Use a clean rag and rub the solution onto the surface
- Step 3 Rinse clean with water
- Tip For any hard-to-reach areas, use a toothbrush
How should I secure my bath caddy?
The best way to secure your caddy to the bathtub is by using silicone grips to prevent it from slipping. If you don’t have those, the simple rule of thumb is that the wider, the better. If you are using a wood tray, you can make batons and screw them to the underside to ensure the tray does not slide around.
Can I make my own tub tray?
For the DIY enthusiasts out there, it is absolutely possible to make your own tub tray. To make your own tray, you will need the following materials:
- Sanding paper or a sanding tool
- Step 1 – Start by measuring the width of your tub.
- Step 2 – Get a piece of 1×12 wood that you want to use; you can get offcuts from a hardware store.
- Step 3 – Mark the wood you will be using with a pencil, adding 4 inches.
- Step 4 – Cut the wood with a saw.
- Step 5 – Add door handles to the top.
- Step 6 – Sand any rough patches of wood for a smooth finish. A sanded finish will avoid any splinters.
- Step 7 – Flip the wood over to the underside.
- Step 8 – Measure the width of the piece of wood you are using and cut two additional pieces to dimensions of 2×2.
- Step 9 – Secure the 2×2 wood pieces with screws, ensuring they are at the outside of the tub. This will create a ledge to sit over the lip of the tub.
- Step 10 – Test to ensure the tray fits over the tub edges securely.
- Step 11 – Sand to ensure a smooth finish.
- Step 12 – Varnish the wood and allow 24 hours for it to dry before using the tray in your tub. This will ensure it can withstand the wet environment.
How do you choose the best caddy for a college student?
For those of you heading off to college, a bath caddy can be a great investment. If you are sharing communal space, it is better to have one that folds away easily or is smaller and lightweight. You can use it to store your shower products and accessories whilst you are bathing. Pick a material that is easy to keep clean and requires less maintenance.
What are the benefits of having a bath caddy?
If you love spending long periods of time in your bath, then a caddy can make that experience even better; it will protect your devices from any damage that the wet environment could have. It provides a safe location so you can rest at ease. They are portable and lightweight, meaning you can remove them with ease should you wish to.
Will moisture damage a bamboo bath tray?
Luckily bamboo is covered by a protective coating that will prevent them from swelling or splitting when they come into contact with moisture. You may need to maintain this coating over time, but you can easily sand down and re-coat it with varnish to keep it looking good as new. A good idea to prolong its life is to clean it, which will prevent any mold and mildew. The best way to clean a bamboo bathtub tray is to use vinegar and water. A great tip to remove the smell is to rub lavender oil on the surface after cleaning.
Other related stories and Bathroom Articles: