Summer is a great time for sushi, but then again, when is it not? If you’re up for a bit of a learning curve and a fun night in, plan a sushi night at home. Or even if it’s just take out– it still helps to have a few of the tools on hand (like a sake set or two).
See our 10 favorites below, and give us your favorite tips and tricks to a successful sushi and sake night in!
1. Sake Bomb by Alexander Purcell. This creative sake decanter and small cups say it all with the design. There are multiple colors available to go with your home’s decor, and this piece sets the tone for the entire evening. [Purchase]
2. Travel Chopsticks. Avid sushi eaters might not be so excited for the generic, wood based chopsticks so effortlessly given out at restaurants. This set of sticks dismantles and goes everywhere you want them to be, even with a handy little case. [Purchase]
3. Zojirushi Rice Cooker and Warmer. A perfect rice cooker that’s great for sushi nights, it holds 5.5 cups of rice and even has keep warm and reheating cycles so you don’t have to worry about a thing. [Purchase]
4. Bamboo Sushi Making Accessory Pack. Everything you’ll need for creating your own custom roll. Bamboo mats for rolling, paddles for rice, small dishes and bamboo plates. [Purchase]
5. “Sushiquik” Complete Training Sushi Kit. If you’re more of an automated chef, this set might be more your style. A cutting guide, detachable mat and a roller to make any kind of roll you can imagine! [Purchase]
6. Sushi Platter. For those who want a large smorgasbord of sushi styles and rolls, this shareable platter design is the best. You can put sauces or toppings in the center divot and load up the rim with plenty of fresh sushi. [Purchase]
7. Cherry Blossom Japanese Sake Set. A more classic take on sake than the party-style counterpart; this set incorporates the iconic cherry blossoms of Japanese culture. [Purchase]
8. Yoshihiro Yanagi Sashimi Knife. If you’re a more experienced chef, and wish to take your skills up just a notch, investing in a proper sushi knife will make all of the difference in your premium sashimi cuts. [Purchase]
9. Sake Carafe with Ice Pocket. Our favorite for cold sake, this decanter will keep your premium sake chilled and ready for the next round– all without diluting that subtle flavoring. [Purchase]