Terrariums aren’t just for reptiles anymore. With the popularity of succulents, air plants and having living organisms indoors comes a great opportunity to craft pretty little “sculptures” of plants within an equally amazing container. Typically made from glass and metal, terrariums are a great addition to a space whether it is indoor or outdoor to add some extra pizazz.
Get whimsical while getting real by connecting to nature through a small piece of it. Without having to worry about soil and messes, terrariums are a great alternative garden for those in an office or city. Get your nature fix without stepping outside, and check out 10 of our favorites below.
1. Terrarium with Metal Stand. Having a terrarium that’s set off the surface of its display just a little adds a touch of elegance that’s not often found in these delicate planters. [Purchase]
2. Terrarium Bottle. If you’re into DIY, but want something simple with no muss and no fuss, this little terrarium can be a peaceful activity and a great gift. [Purchase]
3. Faceted Glass Terrarium. A geometric and sculptural design with varying angles to add depth and interest to any space. [Purchase]
4. Copper & Glass Terrarium. Copper is a hot metal at the moment, and its natural color will patina and create a gorgeous weathered look over time. A simple statement with plenty of garden function. [Purchase]
5. Recycled Glass Terrarium. Small little orb terrariums sit within a fine metal holster. These pieces can be hung all over the house for a taste of nature wherever the occasion presents itself. [Purchase]
6. Domsai Terrarium A by Matteo Cibic. Funky treasures await the more contemporary minded when it comes to terrarium styling. A wonderful gift for the minimalist at heart. [Purchase]
7. Gothic Style Terrarium. This small terrarium is perfect for creating a whimsical environment, and easy to put together with a lift off glass house. [Purchase]
8. HomArt Pierre Faceted Glass Terrarium. Pentagonal shapes cover this three dimensional terrarium, measuring 11x11x11 inches. [Purchase]
9. Hanging Glass Terrarium. Perfect for air plants, small succulents and other micro greens. Suspend these in a grouping or singularly for dramatic effects. [Purchase]
10. Terrarium Floor Lamp. Get your hands on the last one of these hand crafted maple terrarium lamps. The light is an added touch to help your plants flourish. [Purchase]
If you are the DIY type, be sure to check out the book “The New Terrarium: Creating Beautiful Displays for Plants and Nature,” for inspiration in your own personal creations. [Purchase]