Spring is here, and there’s no better way to get Summer ready than to deep clean your home. Each space should be treated on a case by case basis, but there are some deep cleaning tips that you can apply to your bedroom to enjoy a great restful night of sleep.
If you haven’t already done a standard Spring cleaning, you can start with your bedroom and work your way around the rest of the home. The bedroom is a great place to start since it is the first place you wake up each morning and the last space you see at night. Take a look at our basic tips below and be sure to comment if there are any tried and true tips that you stick to in your regimen.
1. De-clutter. Be sure to empty out your dresser, bedside table, closet and any furniture with cabinets and drawers. If you haven’t seen our article on de-cluttering your home, check that out for more tips on really getting the excess out of your home.
2. Organize. Put everything in its place. Shoes in their boxes, clothes hung or folded, books organized properly on the bookshelf– and if you’ve got a desk or special work space in your room, get that in order as well. Get jewelry in a neat and organized fashion for easy access, and make sure that all remotes, chargers and electronics are in their right spots (preferably outside of the bedroom).
3. Wipe it down. Start at the top and work your way to the bottom. If you’ve got crown mouldings, wall details, blinds or curtains these all should be dusted, Pledged and left spotless.
4. Mop, vacuum, dust. Whatever flooring and types of furniture you’ve got, make sure all of your big items are clean. Get under the bed with the vacuum, work around the baseboards and make everything spotless.
5. Don’t forget the bed! Take off all of the sheets, duvets, quilts and toss them in the washing machine. Fluff the pillows, flip your mattress over and around to prep for the clean items. Once clean, make the bed and your room should feel fresh and clean– ready for a great night’s sleep.