Wine decanters take that extra step in creating a beautiful setting for that special occasion, romantic dinner, girl’s night or just to provide a decorative element in the kitchen or bar. While your standard, simple decanter can be a great option for everyday use, something with a little more conversational value might be in order to spruce up your fine china or simple dinnerware.
For the wine enthusiasts, no ordinary decanter will do. Whether it’s an artsy one-of-a-kind, or a best proven aerator, or even a themed decanter– we’ve got something for everyone. See our 12 favorites below.
1. Riedel Amadeo Lyra Decanter. Though Riedel’s decanters are going to be on the pricier side, these sculpted glass works are exquisite and can be displayed like any other blown glass art piece in a space. Check it out on Amazon.
2. Skruf Rainman Decanter. Similar to the idea of a shower head, this “Rainman” decanter is a cool alternative to the spouted pour of most vessels. Get your Rainman here.
3. Petit Coeur by Etienne Meneau. Though Etienne Meneau’s designs are handmade and certainly on the pricey side, they are even more difficult to get ahold of. Each decanter made by Meneau is limited edition, numbered and signed. Admire his works on his blog, here.
4. Riedel Sommeliers Black Tie Wine Decanter. Another classic beauty by Riedel, this mouth blown decanter resembles a musical instrument, complete with a thin black edging to really outline the intense curve of the vessel. Amazon has more views of this gorgeous piece.
5. iittala Citterio Decanter. A simple, yet sleek design that’s got a science-esque feel to it. For an understated elegance, you can’t go wrong with a piece that’s sleek and goes well with almost any wine glass. Amazon has the Citterio here.
6. Florence Flask Lab Wine Decanter. Another lab-influenced style for the great mixture of style, simplicity and even an underlying theme if you’ve got a collection of multiple decanters laid out. Pick yours up from Amazon.
7. Rogaska Aurea Duo Decanter. There aren’t many times where you have the opportunity to have a 2-in-1 decanter. One side for white wine, and the other for a classic red. Great when you’ve got a dinner where wine pairings are tailored to the meal, and who doesn’t love options? Visit Amazon to check it out.
8. Menu Baggy Winecoat. Whilst it’s not the classiest of decanters, the Baggy Winecoat is a much more attractive option than your traditional store bought box alternative. It’s got a rubber bottom that is ideal for things like tailgating or outdoor settings in general. Grab yours from Amazon.
9. Riedel Boa Decanter. All new for 2013, the Boa decanter is available come May. It’s sleek design resembles that of a boa constrictor, and the lines make for a great conversation piece. Visit Riedel to learn more.
10. Gemini RoJaus Wine Decanter. A unique piece, this decanter of sorts allows the wine to air out and once ready, the nozzle easily dispenses your favorite red into a glass of your choosing. Purchase at Amazon.
11. Metrokane Rabbity Super-Aerating Decanter System. Both pretty and functional, this decanter and aerator duo is a beautiful glass carafe. Crafted from hand blown crystal, the aerator for this system utilizes technology to best oxygenate the wine to give the ultimate taste test. Add it to your collection via Amazon.
12. Carafe N°5 by Etienne Meneau. Another hand created beauty by Etienne Meneau. This particular piece has been seen everywhere, and even heralded an exhibit at SFMOMA “How Wine Became Modern.” There are 8 numbered and signed pieces with 4 artist proofs created, and of course you can visit the site for more Strange Carafes.