Mugs are a kitchen essential. Whether you drink coffee or tea, eat soup, make hot chocolate or have oatmeal out of a mug– they’ve got their place in every home. While it still feels very much like Winter in much of the country, those warm drinks are essential. What better way to stay warm and get excited for the new seasons and months ahead than to bring in a new mug or two that will carry you through the whole year?
A classic white mug will do that for you, and for those who think that the plain ceramic mugs are far too boring for their chic decor, look no further. There’s sure to be a cup or two that stands out on its own for yourself or even as a gift to someone special. Let us know which one best matches your home decor.
1. Fred and Friends Cracked Up Mug. This is a great cup for the scatterbrained artist, or those who are all about deconstruction and composition in a piece. Giving the “messy” illusion on a well crafted ceramic piece, Amazon’s store has more details.
2. Squishy Mugs. Though they aren’t as deceivingly squishy as their title and appearance might make you think, these ceramic mugs will certainly give you squishy feelings when using them. Personality filled faces and small feet allow these complimentary mugs to become a staple in your home. Find yours at Uncommon Goods.
3. Footed Mug. Literally. This mug has feet. Who would have thought that a bipedal coffee cup could be so cool? Dylan Kendall’s genius creation adds a little “umph” to your morning routine. Of course, Uncommon Goods can tell you more.
4. Face Mug. The face mug is anything but just a simple face painted on a cup. This ceramic piece is formed out of an extensive mold where the mouth is set jarred open to reveal a cutout for cookies, donuts or other delicious treats. This amazing face is able to be purchased on Uncommon Goods‘ website.
5. Revol Froisses Cappuccino Crumpled Tumbler. Like the look of plastic, crumpled tumblers? The Revol Froisses cup showcases the greener side of the Solo cup style. Amazon has this cup and more colors if white isn’t your thing.
6. Hidden Animal Mugs with Tails. There’s not a whole lot more fun about breakfast as a kid than finding the toy in the cereal box, right? Take that a step further as an adult and sip on a cup of coffee that has a surprise at the bottom each day. Makes for a great morning. Pick your animal at Uncommon Goods.
7. Knuckle Duster Mug. If Fight Club comes to mind first thing in the morning, this Knuckle Duster Mug by FISTICUP might be the way to go. There are gold “brass knuckle” accents on the grip to give some personal flair to the side of the cup. Amazon has these mugs in stock.
8. Fred and Friends 2 Carat Cup. Ladies (or even Gents) can feel extra fancy with their 2 carat cup that features a single ring complete with a center jewel to showcase while sipping in style. Amazon has got this mug with your choice of “Platinum” or “Gold.”
9. Studio Sessions Glass. A more refined look of a handmade tumbler that is complete with organic lines and a free flowing form. Though it takes a little more effort to clean (must handwash), each piece is handmade and can be seen from Anthropologie.
10. MollaSpace Sweater Mug. This one might seem predominantly Winter oriented, but rest assured that the color white will go far. This cup features a thick, cable knit pattern to remind you of warmth and cozy sweaters. Get your textured mug from Amazon.
11. Into Focus White Camera Lens Mug. While the black version might come across as more of the “real deal” if trying to convince others that you’re truly sipping from a camera lens, the white color is a sleek and contemporary alternative that still stands out heavily. See Amazon for more.